You can listen to the original teaching at 93 minutes and 00 seconds of the Class 1 recording. You can download the audio from iTunes here or from the ILF website here.
Time to start improving your current boundaries and create some new ones.
To improve or create a personal boundary:
- Get away from what you consider to be danger. Physical, emotional, pyshcological, or energetic: what is dangerous in your life at this moment?
- Identify the actions and behaviors that you find unacceptable.
- Let others know cleanly and simply when they have crossed an unacceptable line with you based on your boundaries. You can say: “That is a personal boundary that you have just crossed. Please – explain how they can act to not cross the boundary”
Now it is time to define some of your personal boundaries:
- Pick a personal boundaries you would like to establish for yourself.
- Choose one or two people who you have not been able to stand up to, but continuously cross this boundary.
- Go to the movies and observe yourself, and create a picture of how you are acting and feeling in the moment dealing with that person.
- Identify one or two steps that you can do to make the boundary firmer and clearer.
Remember that you can only control and change yourself in these situations, so focus on steps that you are in control of, no trying to change the other person in order to improve the situation.
Share your personal boundary in the comments below, the list the one or two steps you can take to make that boundary firmer and clearer.